Thursday, January 19, 2012

So, Apparently Dr. Miracle Is Getting In On The Natural Hair Game Too

I just found out that Dr. Miracle is going to be coming out with a new hair care line for us curlies out here "free of sodium, sulfates, parabens and phthalates."  The line, called Curl Care, is supposed to come to drug stores in March of this year and will have a total of six (6) products, each being under $10.  They include:

  1. Rehydrating Shampoo ($9.49) - Sulfate free, with vitamin A, vitamin E, and panthenol.
  2. Nourishing Conditioner ($9.49) - Contains vitamin E, coconut oil, and jojoba oil.
  3. Frizz Control Serum ($8.99) - Contains vitamin A and olive oil. Supposed to help smooth, add shine, and help fight shrinkage.
  4. Soft Hold Creme ($9.49) - The line's main styler.  Formulated with aloe.
  5. Weightless Moisturizing Creme ($8.99) - A lightweight moisturizer with coconut and vitamin E. 
  6. Boosting and Defining Leave-In ($8.99) - Also meant to be a detangler. Contains jojoba and proteins.
This news makes me feel good because it goes to show that the natural hair movement must be catching on and gaining some momentum if a brand that I previously only knew to cater to relaxed women is making a line for "curly, kinky and wavy hair."  I'm not sure if I'll actually try any of the products, but then again, I just might.  Lately I've been interested in trying out a serum to see if it helps with frizz control, but I've been hesitant because all of the serums I've come across contain some type of silicone, usually within the first five ingredients.  There was nothing in the Drug Store News articles that suggested the line would be silicone free so that gives me pause.

But, all in all, the line looks like it will probably be a good addition to the options available to the natural hair community and I can't wait to see how it's received when it finally hits the shelves.  Do you plan on buying any of the products?

0 comments:

Post a Comment