Wednesday, June 27, 2012

GHE Side Effects

I've been doing the green house effect in my routine fairly regularly since I first found out about it around a year ago. It definitely helps retain moisture, even in the cold winter months. I'm not consistent enough with measuring my hair growth to really attest to whether it increases growth rate or not. But I can say what other side effects I've seen from using this method.

Firstly, since this method is intended to create a warm environment for the scalp and hair, I think it makes sense that the rest of my body would reflect the increase on temperature. Whenever I'm doing the green house effect I notice that I feel hotter than usual. It's probably from my head and maybe therefore my brain being warmer than usual and distributing the excess heat through the rest of my body to avoid overheating. I don't know. Just making educated guesses.

Secondly, I notice I get very very thirsty when doing this routine. So much so that I have to keep a glass of water by my bed during the night. I guess this isn't necessarily a bad thing because water intake is always good but it is something I've consistently noticed. I thought it was something worthy of mentioning here.

Thirdly, this observation doesn't always happen but sometimes the GHE makes my scalp itch something fierce. I don't know if this is because of the heat, excess moisture, or increased sebum production. I just know it does.

I'm sure the heat and moisture do something good for my hair, even if they don't make it grow faster. But it also does some other things too. However, I have no intention of abandoning to green house effect altogether. Stay tuned. :-)

2 comments:

  1. HEYYYY girl long time no talk to... I wanted to contact you because I finally made the switch to natural... I wanted to have a ocnvo with you to get your opinion on good products to use starting off. I have some things but i need to simplify my regimen so i can take it with me to boot camp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey love how are you?! Do you still have my number? We can talk whenever. We have a lot of catching up to do.

      Delete