Sunday, October 30, 2011

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation: Initial Thoughts


When I first put on this foundation, I didn't like it at all.  It doesn't offer the level of coverage I'm looking for, but still somehow managed to look caked up with a pretty light application.  I probably could have built it up until I had more coverage, but I didn't want to risk it. It was also a little too "dewy" looking for my taste.  I already have a naturally oily t-zone so I don't want anything adding unnecessary shine in that area.  

By the way, I did prime my face with some primer by Revlon that I can't remember the name of right now, so the foundation had something to stick to and my skin was supposed to be more evened out and whatnot.  I've never had a problem with that primer so we're not going to focus on that. After applying the foundation I concealed with Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer, and finished with Loreal Hydra Perfect translucent setting powder.  For my eyes, I did a simple winged eyeliner with black gel liner by Pixi, and applied Hard Candy's Lash Call lengthening mascara to my upper and lower lashes.

After all that, I had to stop and look at my face to decide if I really liked how it looked.  I decided, this foundation isn't absolutely terrible, but if you have any issues with your skin, whether it be oily, dry, broken out, or anything more severe than slight discoloration, this foundation will probably be a disappointment.  The coverage and blendability just isn't there.  I don't buy department store makeup, so I know there are plenty of drug store foundations that have this one completely beat.  I just really think Maybelline could have done a lot better.

I don't think I would ever be able to wear this foundation by itself so I don't see myself reaching for this very often.  I may end up just selling it on the blog or something.  I'll post pictures in a little while, so check back and don't forget to click follow at the top left corner of the page, next to the search box. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment