Monday, November 21, 2011

My New Favorite Word

This is a non hair related post. But i felt like doing a little life update. Recent events in personal life have caused me to really consider the kind of people I surround myself with. If you've heard the phrase "Show me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are," you know that people should surround themselves with people who can help them advance in life, have similar goals, and places in life. Without having certain things in common, some friendships will just be doomed to failure from the start.  That doesnt necessarily mean your friends should be just like you in every way.  If that's the case, how can you expect to grow and evolve if you only surround yourself with more of the same?

Its always hard to think about letting go of a friend or someone you care about.  But sometimes that's whats necessary for the betterment of your mental, physical, and emotional health. So from now on, my new favorite word is "betterment." Constantly ask yourself if the decisions you're making and the actions you're taking are serving to help you better yourself. If letting go of a friend is for the betterment of your life in any way, let them go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment