Thursday, November 10, 2011

What I Want For Christmas


Ever since I was a little girl, I've been in love with the guitar.  I just think it's one of the most fascinating musical instruments in the world.  I can remember asking for a guitar for Christmas probably three times when I was younger.  But I never got one. :(  I don't know if I didn't ask for it with enough gusto, or if my family just thought I wouldn't stick with it if I was actually given one.  Either way, after I entered my teenage years, I thought I was probably too old to learn how to play guitar.

About two months ago I decided that if I never learn how to play guitar, I will always regret it.  I'm only 20 years old now, so I can still learn how to play.  Obviously, it won't be as easy as it might have been if I started trying to learn as a child, but I'm completely dedicated to accomplishing this goal.  And I've already picked the guitar I want to get.

The blue Kona Thin Body Acoustic Electric guitar pictured above caught my eye while I was browsing the internet for potential guitars and I've decided I have to have it.  Not only is it absolutely beautiful, it's only 3/4 the thickness of standard acoustic guitars, has electric capabilities (which will make it compatible with Rocksmith, which I'll talk about later), and a nice cut out on the right side to make reaching the bottom frets easier.

I don't know if I'll get this as a gift or if I'm going to buy it for myself.  Either way, I WILL have it!  So you guys can look forward to videos showing my practicing on my new guitar. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment