Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Very First Braid Out


So, last night I was twisting my hair up for work today and in the middle of doing my hair I decided to try something different and do a braid out instead.  I used Cantu Shea Butter Leave in and Blue Magic Coconut Oil Hair Conditioner to put a total of about 12 braids in my hair and took them out this morning.  Here's how I'm feeling about braid outs so far:

Compared to twist outs, braid outs take a long time to do and to take down. Because there are three strands instead of two, there's more work for your hands to do.  I don't like that aspect.  On the other hand, braids can't spring up the way twists can, so I get maximum stretch on my hair with braid outs, and that shows maximum length.  I do like that aspect.  As far as the pattern the two hair styles create, twist outs give me curls, while braid outs give me waves.  Both are nice, but I think I like the uniformity of the twist out look a little bit better.

All in all, I do like braid outs, but I think I'll save them for when my hair is a little bit longer and just stick with the trusty twist out for now. What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment