Monday, July 18, 2011

Changing Directions


So, I've been thinking a lot about my blog and my YouTube channel lately. specifically about the content that has been posted so far. I'm proud of the videos and posts I produced, but I feel like they're not really serving the purpose I had intended for them.

When I started my channel it was with the intention to keep a thorough record of everything that goes on with my hair and its growth until it reaches my waist. As someone who has never had long hair in her life, that's a really big goal! I know I won't be able to reach it over night, but I'm ready to put the time in.

And that's what I want to document. So I'm going to be doing mostly Daily Hair Blogs and Vlogs from now on. If something is being added to my online document on a daily or near daily basis, I'll have the record I'm looking for. I really want to prove to myself that all I needed was the knowledge I have now, and I would have had healthy, long hair when I was younger. And maybe my hair wouldn't have been such a source of... disappointment and shame. But I love the hair that I have now and wouldn't change it for the world!

From now on you can think of my blog as kind of my own personal hair journal with lots of pictures and the occasional non-hair related post that I update regularly to share with you guys.  I'd love to share my hair journey with anyone out there, whether they are relaxed, natural, newly natural, transitioning, or anything in between. It's all about sharing and learning from each other.

So I hope you like what you see on the blog so far and I hope you guys won't be shy in the comments!! I really want us to learn from one another because I'm not trying to come off as any kind of expert. Even though I've learned a lot in my natural hair journey, I have a long way to go to my goal, so I know there's lots more to learn.

Happy hair growing!
Later, loves. :-*

0 comments:

Post a Comment