Saturday, July 16, 2011

Satin Pillowcases

Hey, loves. I just got my very own satin pillowcase and I couldn't wait to tell you guys what I think about it. You guys will see the actual pillow in an upcoming mini haul video, but I didn't think talking about it really warranted its own vid or a significant portion of another vid.

So, in case you haven't heard, here's the low down on satin pillowcases: Regular cotton pillowcases are very bad for your hair, (chemically altered or natural) because cotton actually leeches moisture from your hair strands and increase friction, causing more tangles. That's why it's not good to wrap you're hair up in those cotton paisley bandannas that you see all over the place. Rather than protect your hair, they actually make it dryer. For hair that's naturally dry, that's really detrimental.

Satin, on the other hand, helps your hair to retain moisture and is slippery enough that the strands don't have to deal with the extra friction caused by cotton, so tangles are minimized. If you don't have a satin pillowcase, you can just use a simple satin bonnet or scarf to protect your hair during the night. But personally, I like to lounge in my bed during the day when I have free time, and I don't just go grab my bonnet or scarf to cover my head until I get up. That's just doing to much. So I decided to get a satin pillowcase so I can lay in my bed whenever I want and not have to worry about my hair being dried out and tangled.

So far, I really like it. I've heard they can be uncomfortable to sleep on when it's hot but I haven't had a problem with that. What do you guys think? Should every woman sleep on a satin pillowcase, just use bonnets and scarves, or is it really not that serious? Leave your comments down below. I'll respond to every one!! :) Later, loves. :-*


0 comments:

Post a Comment