Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Just Remembered Why I Don't Like Wide Tooth Combs

.....For detangling. More specifically, I don't like them for removing shed hairs. I just finished doing my hair in the shower (I know it's 8 at night, but I had things to do. :)) and my denman brush wasn't in the shower where it was supposed to be so I just used my wide tooth to do my detangling.

And I instantly remembered why I stopped using it to detangle in the first place. For one thing, I don't think wide tooth combs are adequately equipped to remove smaller sized tangles. There's just too much space between the teeth. But whatever. If I go through my hair with the comb enough times, I think I can get it detangled enough that there won't be any problems.

But removing shed hairs is a totally different matter. After I finished detangling with the comb, I ran my hands over my head one last time for good measure, and came away with lots of shed strands that the comb just didn't remove. So I ran my hands over my head again. Lo and behold, more hair. I pretty much had to detangle my hair all over again, this time using just my fingers, to remove all the shed hair. Now, to some this may not seem like a big deal because I could always remove them the next time I do my hair; which, since I do my hair every day, would be tomorrow. But I don't like the idea of just leaving shed hairs on my head to sit and get caught on growing hairs and possibly cause extra tangles and knots that I wouldn't have had to deal with had the loose hairs not been there.

I was just really annoyed by this. I'll be using my denamn tomorrow, like I usually do. What do you all think? Is daily detangling too much or is my frustration well founded? Let me know in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment