Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Think I've Decided To Shampoo

Even though I've been faithfully following the curly girl method by avoiding silicones, not using shampoo with any kind of SLS, and using conditioner to cleanse and style my hair, I think my hair needs a little lather in it's life. Lol.

I like co-washing and using just conditioner, but yesterday, I was examining my hair and I noticed some curls were looking a little limp on the ends. I've been meaning to do a good deep treatment for a few weeks now, but I never got around to actually doing it.

But now I'm thinking the DT might not be as effective as it normally would be if I don't really cleanse my hair and get all of the buildup out. Despite what some people might have you believe, anything can and will build up on your hair if it's not being properly and regularly removed. I poured out my last bottle of shampoo a few weeks ago and have been exclusively co-washing since. But I think I should be able to find some shampoo around the house since I'm the only one who doesn't use it. With three other females in the house, there should be something I can use.

I'm just going to dilute about a nickel size amount into a cup of water and see how that feels. I don't want to strip my hair, but I want it to feel really clean so my DT doesn't have to fight through layers and layers of other products just to do what it's supposed to. Wish me luck, and I'll give an update later. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment