Thursday, September 15, 2011

Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Moisturizing Conditioner


So, a really good friend of mine was in Marshall's a couple weeks ago and she saw a huge bottle of Giovanni conditioner, which I've been wanting to try for months, so she picked it up for me. Of course, because it was purchased from Marshall's she got it for a great discount which made getting the bottle even better. The first thing I did when she gave it to me was unscrew the cap to see what it smelled like. This stuff honestly reminds me of lotion. It smells like maybe Jerkins or something. I can't put my finger on it, but lotion was the first thing that came to mind when I smelled it.

She paid $10 when the original price was $26!!
So far, after using the conditioner a few times, I like it. But I wouldn't say I'm in love with it. You guys know that I regularly use regular conditioner as a leave in to style my hair. This particular conditioner might work as a really moisturizing leave-in, but for my particular hair it pretty much fails as a styler. It leaves my hair feeling sort of funny and my curls don't clump together nicely with this product. But as a rinse out, co-wash, and detangler, this conditioner is really nice. I can feel how moisturizing it is for my hair as soon as I apply and it and it leaves my hair feeling really nice once it has been rinsed.

I don't necessarily think I'll purchase this product in the future because there are much cheaper and more readily available conditioners that I can buy that also excel at co-washing, rinsing out, and detangling. Plus I tend to like the smell of those more. The lotion-y smell of this product just really didn't do it for me. But I'm not bashing it at all. I do honestly like it, so if you want to try it please do so and let me know what you think. Later, loves. :-*

0 comments:

Post a Comment