Wednesday, September 14, 2011

YouTube Wants Me to Make Money With Them : )


So, last night I got an email from YouTube inviting me to enable monetization on my YouTube videos which means, if approved, YouTube will place relevant ads next to and possibly in my videos. I literally screamed and I couldn't stop smiling for like an hour! I know this doesn't make me a YouTube Partner, but it's still really exciting that I got invited to monetize!!

I know a lot of you might be confused, or even annoyed at this turn of events because no one likes ads getting in the way of enjoying content but it's really not a bad thing. For in video ads, you can just click on the little "X" in the corner and close them out as soon as they pop up. You can't make the side bar ads disappear, but you don't have to pay any attention to them either. Instead of looking at them as a bother that you could do without, just look at it as a way for people who regularly upload video content to make a little extra money for their efforts. And if you actually are interested in what the ads are promoting; like hair products, beauty school, money making opportunities, makeup, clothes, accessories, discounts, etc; just click on them. You help the YouTuber out whose video it's on, and you get to see exactly what is being promoted.

If you click on the ads, it won't spam you or do anything to your computer or anything like that. A new window or tab will open with the content that the ad displayed and you can do whatever you want from there. I hope you guys will support me and not be mad at seeing ads on my vids. :) I'm really excited so I just felt like I had to share!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment